Thursday, 1 May 2008

What you've all been waiting for

Everybody wants to hear about furry animals. What about hard-shell animals or giant insects, don't they deserve some attention? Sure they're not as cute but it's a cause I take very seriously since NOFX released "Clams have feelings too". Still, I guess you win because if I start posting pictures of scary spiders you might not come back. So enjoy these few pictures from our trip to Featherdale Park!



Wallabies - and their cute baby wallaby


The majestic kangaroo and a drunk (*) koala


One shy dingo and a wombat


Cute fairy penguin, and not-so-cute dragon lizard


And finally, my personal favourite: a clever emu playing hide & seek


And something nice about Sydney is you don't necessarily have to go to a zoo to see exotic animals!






* Koalas spend about 75% of their day sleeping. Why is that? Well try eucalypt leaves as a diet and we'll see how dizzy you get. A couple leaves a day provide for a Koala's DRA in everything, which seems plausible given their hectic lifestyle. But more surprisingly they also contain enough water, and that's why you'll never catch this drunk marsupial drinking!

2 comments:

Gabriel Ware said...

Actually they don't ..


I don't believe it's selfish
To eat defenseless shellfish

Ah... NoFX ...

Jean-Claude said...

They are so cute...
When do you invite me ;-) ?
Lots of kisses to you both !
papa