Monday, 18 August 2008

Oh, a blog!

Hi everyone! It's been a while, I know - but here I am to dust this blog and chase the few spiders away. Well what can I say, the last few months have been pretty busy.

There have been a lot of things going on at work, where [if you don't care please skip to the next paragraph] I am in charge of the migration to Microsoft Team Foundation Server. Those scary words simply mean that I am packaging the software that other people write, and making sure that we are able to release it any time we want! It's a lot of work but I'm really happy with my job, and it's nice to be liaising with a lot of different people.

But enough about work; our evening and weekends have been packed with much nicer occupations such as:

  • Mad nights out in local pubs (were we probably are not allowed in any more)
  • Going rollerblading along the beach (and the winter's not even over yet)
  • Taking pictures for local bands (I hope I can put some pictures soon)
  • Doing cultural stuff like museums and boat shows (see picture attached)
  • Making poached eggs (it's harder than it looks)
  • Taking a few days off to see places like Newcastle (ha ha, the other one)
  • Going to the movies a lot (for half the price of the ticket in Paris it would be a pity not to)
  • Writing papers for school...

Well the last one is really just Sophie, and it's keeping her pretty busy these days. Fortunately it will all be over very soon when she graduates in a few weeks. I say the next few months will be pretty busy too, but I'll manage to keep you updated. Our plans include paintball, more rollerblading, a week off in Melbourne, and of course moving closer to the beach - ah those tourists :D


Animals in the wild (well except for those big lizards)


The Harbour bridge, by day and by night


"Cultural stuff" (yes it does count)


Sydney's monorail, and a few pictures of our lovely winter


Well see you soon, everyone! Oh I've got one last thing to share with you before I leave, because it really made me laugh:




Bye!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

local pubs?? what local pubs??